Company owned by Sheffield United co-chairmen wound up
A company owned by Sheffield United’s chairmen has been wound up at the High Court.
COH Sports faced proceedings brought by United World, the Championship club’s former owners.
The takeover of the club by COH Sports, headed by Steven Rosen and Helmy Eltoukhy, took place in December 2024.
Americans Mr Rosen and Mr Eltoukhy are co-chairmen of the club.
United World, owned by Prince Abdullah bin Mosa’ad, has reportedly claimed it is owed more than £35 million from the sale, and filed the winding up petition last month.
A hearing in the petition took place on Wednesday at the specialist Insolvency and Companies Court (ICC) in London, which lasted around 10 seconds.
Angus Groom, representing United World, asked for the “usual compulsory order” in the proceedings, which would wind up COH Sports.
Judge Paul Greenwood granted the order.
A Sheffield United spokesperson said: “Sheffield United Football Club is aware of today’s hearing at the High Court.
“This is a matter between the current owners and former owner.
“The football club is in contact with the English Football League and the day-to-day operations at Sheffield United are unaffected.”
The club could be subjected to a 12-point deduction if the English Football League finds the owners to have breached rules.
In June, Sheffield United said in a statement that Delaware-based company 1919 Partners is the club’s parent company and “sits at the centre of the ownership structure”.
An EFL spokesperson said: “The EFL notes the High Court’s decision to issue a winding up order on COH Sports Bidco Limited.
“The league will consider the implications of that development in line with its regulations, including whether any further action is required.
“In addition, the EFL continues to consider other regulatory matters following changes to the club’s ownership structure and developments within the wider group. As these issues remain ongoing, the EFL will make no further comment at this stage.”
Published: by Radio NewsHub